Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Beauty Favorites: May 2017

Hey there!

Today I am going to be sharing my current beauty favorites! I have been going pretty simple with my makeup lately, but there are some products that I really have been enjoying. Some are rediscovered and some are newer to me. Hope you enjoy!

beauty favorites may 2017

1. First is my Stila Perfect Me, Perfect Hue Eye & Cheek Palette ($39.50 at Ulta) in the shade medium/tan. Specifically I have been loving the blushes in this palette because they are so easy to wear! The one on the left is a beautiful peachy sheen that does have a lot of glow to it. The one on the right is more of a berry/mauve shade that isn't completely matte but only has a slight satin finish to it. These both pair with so many eye looks and I have been especially loving the peach shade for spring!

2. Second, I finally got my hands on the ELF Mad for Matte 2 ($10 on the ELF website) eyeshadow palette!! This palette is full of gorgeous, buttery mattes and I am obsessed. They blend incredibly easily and last all day. I have some swatches for you below of the darker colors in the palette to give you an idea of how pigmented these are! That black is insanely pigmented!! I also adore the dark plum shade. 

ELF mad for matte 2 palette

3. A couple of lippies I have been loving lately are the Alexis Ren X Colourpop ultra satin lip in Bare Necessities ($6 on Colourpop.com) and my Revlon Kiss Balm in Berry Burst ($4.99 at Ulta). I recently got in a Colourpop order with a ton of lippies of course and this was my first time trying out their ultra satin lip. I am not a huge fan of their ultra matte lips, but I LOVE their lippie stix so I figured I should try these out. I am really impressed actually. Bare Necessities is a beautiful peachy nude. The lasting power is great and it is very comfortable on the lips, I actually wore it for graduation pictures this past weekend! For something to swipe on on the go, the Revlon Kiss Balm in berry burst is perfect! It is super moisturizing and gives your lips the slightest berry color. I love sheer lip balms with a little bit of pigment because it gives you some color without really having to try. Swatches down below of these two!


4. I have been loving ELF products lately! My go to brow pencil has been their brow pencil in taupe ($2 at Ulta, Target or ELF.com. It matches my brows perfectly and is only $2! I am on my second pencil and I recently ordered another one from Ulta (Haul coming soon!!). It lasts all day and is so easy to apply. I am not big on brows so I like easy products that are quick and this is it! I also have been using their Matte Magic Mist and Set ($4 at Ulta, Target or ELF.com) for a couple weeks now and love it. I really love all of ELF's setting sprays. Again, so affordable and do the trick!

5. My Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder ($3.99 at Ulta) is a necessity for me! This is the best setting powder I have ever used. I love that it is translucent and it seriously mattifies SO WELL. As you can see, I have hit pan on this one so of course I have another one coming from Ulta. I cannot say enough good things about this product and it is so affordable!!

6. Lastly, I have been loving my Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation ($40 at Ulta) in the shade 4.5. I bought this last summer and never really used it. I'm not exactly sure why I didn't like this foundation, but I think it was because it is more of a medium coverage foundation and I usually like full coverage, and it was too dark for me. I got a spray tan last week and now it matches me perfectly! I apply it with the ELF Ultimate Blending Brush ($6 at Ulta or ELF.com) which is my absolute FAVORITE foundation brush. I only need one pump to get pretty good coverage! I don't have any breakouts at the moment and I think the spray tan almost acts like a base foundation on my skin so the coverage from this has been all I've needed. 

ultimate blending brush

Well, that's it! My May 2017 Beauty Favorites! Since I haven't really been wearing much makeup lately, most of these products are just the basics, but I have really been enjoying them. Let me know in the comments what your favorite beauty products of the moment are! I would love to hear and check them out if I haven't already. 

Happy Wednesday!

With love always, 

Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment

May 2017 Ipsy Bag

Happy Friday everyone! Today I am going to be sharing what I received in my May 2017 Ipsy bag! If you don't know what ipsy is, ...